Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One Inspired Journey

Hello again, blogging world!

I'm a little bit rusty (and nervous) about this endeavor, so please bear with me as I impart on a new journey. What is this journey, you ask? One based on inspirations. Quite vague, I know. But here's the deal.

My mom, Laura Kumin writes a blog called Mother Would Know. Her birthday was yesterday, and I thought, what kind of present can I give her? Sure, I could give her jewelry or a gift certificate or something. (Don't worry, Mom, a material present is on its way!) But I also thought I would love to write a blog in honor of her. Not so much as a present, but as a way to show her that she inspires me every day. I find inspiration in many places, people, and things every day. I would say that the most consistent inspirations come from my family, but especially my mom. She has played numerous roles throughout my life: cook, teacher, tutor, cheerleader, listener, advice-giver, mentor, etc. Not to mention she was the only female lawyer in the first firm in which she worked. So add kick-ass revolutionary role model to that list.

My mom and I, on her birthday 4 years ago


Ok, I could talk about how great my mom is for a while. Here are just a few more things to round out the first entry:

What's up with the name?

I work at a place called Inspiration Corporation, which holds an annual fundraiser called One Inspired Evening. When trying to think of name for this blog, that just popped out at me. They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery...it's true!

Alright, Eleanor, what exactly are you writing about? How often will you update?

Inspirations! Mostly I plan on writing about delicious meals/food that I'm inspired to make. It may be expanded to other things, but for now I'll stick to cooking, since this is a skill I'm trying to improve. If you didn't know already, my mom is an amazing cook and learned how to cook around my age. I hope to be as talented as her in the future. Practice makes perfect! Also, food is yummy and nourishes the mind/body/soul.

I'm going to update every week for the next six weeks and see how that goes. I know I'm one of those people who starts something at the beginning of the year so hey, I'm just trying to be realistic. (My dad suggested that part. Thanks, Dad!)

Until next time...

~Eleanor




No comments:

Post a Comment